Hamlyn Banks Primary School welcomes new enrolments. If you would like to visit our school and take part in a tour, please contact our office on 52783100. We are always happy to discuss our school’s programs and your child’s needs with new parents and carers.
The following picture shows our school ZONE.
If you are unsure what school is your local zoned school, please go to the FIND MY SCHOOL site and search your home address.
Zones: The local zone is determined by the DET and based on distance from other schools. All children who reside within the local zone are eligible for enrolment at our school.
Enrolment Criteria: To be eligible for enrolment, a child must have had his/her fifth birthday by April 30 in the year in which he/she commences school.
Where there are insufficient places at a school for all students/foster children who seek entry, students are enrolled in the following priority order:
- Children for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school.
- Children with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time.
- Children of staff currently employed by the school will be granted enrolment.
- Where the regional director has restricted the enrolment, children who reside nearest the school.
- All other children in order of closeness of their home to the school.
- In exceptional circumstances, compassionate grounds.
- Children who reside outside the school’s zone who apply for enrolment at the school will be put on a waiting list and will be referred to their closest neighbourhood government school.
- Where there is spare capacity, students will be enrolled from the waiting list based on the criteria above and in order of application.
- Parents who wish to enrol their child/ren at Hamlyn Banks Primary School need to demonstrate that the child/ren to be enrolled, reside within the zone. Current proof of residency at the address indicated can be provided by way of one of each of the following:
- Primary source: a current lease agreement, rates notice or driver’s license, or unconditional sale agreement.
- Secondary source: a utility bill (e.g. electricity or gas) showing the same address.
- If unable to provide this proof of residence, a Statutory Declaration confirming that an officer authorized to endorse statutory declarations has sighted sufficient evidence that in their opinion the student is a resident within the zone, must be provided.
- Enrolment applications for admission into Foundation will be accepted each year from the 1st April for enrolment to commence from the beginning of Term 1 the following year.
- Applications will be recorded in order of receipt and remain current only for the year of submission.
- The school will offer places in writing for Foundation the following year by August 1st each year.
- All enrolment applications will be considered on merit in accordance with the enrolment criteria.
- Parents wishing to have an unsuccessful enrolment application reviewed may seek clarification from the principal. A written submission seeking a review of an unsuccessful enrolment application should present evidence to substantiate a claim that the stated criteria have not been applied fairly and equitably.
- The principal will review written submissions and the reply should be in writing within 14 days of submission
Enrolment Forms are available from the school office. Together with the Enrolment form we also require a copy of the child's immunisation certificate and we need to take a copy of the ORIGINAL birth certificate.
Please contact the school office to book in for a school tour, or for more informaiton about our school Open Day.
CLICK HERE to download and read our School Information Book